Are you ready to adopt a Greyhound?
All Greyhounds saved through Friends of the Hound are:
- intestinal and heartworm treated, and flea treated
- supplied with collar, lead, toy, tag, muzzle and a warm dog coat
The adoption fee for each greyhound is $375.
This adoption fee also includes:
- 1 year Adult Annual membership to Friends of the Hound
- 1 year Fur Friend membership to Friends of the Hound
- Ongoing after-adoption advice and support
Our Greyhounds are based on the Far North Coast, Central Coast, Hunter/Newcastle region, and Mid North Coast of NSW, ACT, and Gold Coast, Greater Brisbane, and Sunshine Coast regions of QLD. This is due to the assistance of wonderful carers, members, volunteers and supporters in these areas.
Greyhound Adoption Guide
Please familiarise yourself with our Greyhound adoption guide. It contains lots of information to ensure you are ready to adopt, and details about caring for your Greyhound.
Visit our handy list of foods and plants your Greyhound should avoid to remain healthy and happy.
FOTH Supports Greyhound Rehoming by Other Groups
Animal Welfare League of Queensland currently has its own program for rescuing and rehoming greyhounds. Contact the Coombabah Shelter to learn more about Greyhounds looking for homes.
Contact AWL on 07 5509 9000 or check out their website.