Hello FOTH friends & arty types
Perhaps like us, you’re feeling a little glum that you don’t have a Friends of the Hound calendar on your wall this year.
All those beautiful Hounds smiling at us throughout the year… ahhh happiness 🙂
So we’ve come up with a creative plan for our 2023 calendar.
Are you ready to wash off your paint palette, dust off your pastels and sharpen up your pencils?
We’d love to see your Greyhound portraits.
We’re calling it The Greyt Greyhound Portrait prize.
A bit like the Archibald but with much longer snoots!
The talented top 12 portraits will feature on each calendar month page.
Here’s some helpful guidelines to get your creative juices flowing
Greyhounds have been depicted in art throughout the ages.
Their special place in society was reflected in the art of the Middle Ages & Renaissance era.
With our 2023 Calendar – The Greyt Portrait Prize – we aim to show the love, respect and admiration adopters have for their rescued hounds.
This competition is open to all artistic levels!
They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder… we are ready to behold your portraits.
We welcome entries from budding artists, professional artists, children and those with no artistic skills at all!
- Submissions open on Monday 11th April 2022 and close midnight Thursday 30th June 2022.
- Artwork can be of greyhounds that have been fostered or adopted through any adoption program (not just Friends of the Hound).
- You must have permission from the artist that the photo of the artwork can be used by Friends of the Hound Inc.
- We also ask you to upload a photo of the model (ie, your hound!). So make sure you took that photo yourself (or you have permission to upload that photo for us to use).
- The artists (for both the photo of the original artwork and the photo of the hounds in the artwork) give unlimited and unrestricted permission for Friends of the Hound Inc. to reproduce the images for free, in any media, for its non-exclusive use worldwide, for purposes including (but not limited to) use in the calendar, promotion, marketing, and Friends of the Hound’s presence on the Internet.
- You can enter as many artworks as you wish.
- The Friends of the Hound committee will select the artwork to be included in the 2023 calendar. The committee’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
Artwork Photo Specifications
To ensure a beautiful looking calendar and stunning Greyhound portraits, we will require high quality photos of your artwork.
- Ideally, photos should be taken in landscape format as portrait orientated photos generally do not fit well on the calendar pages.
- When supplying digital files (photographs of paintings or digital artworks), ensure the image is the highest resolution possible.
- A minimum of 4000 pixels by 3000 pixels is recommended.